Mary's Miracles: A Traveler's Guide to Catholic AmericaRegular price $27.95 Save Liquid error (snippets/product-template line 127): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
You don’t have to travel overseas to discover our Blessed Mother’s miraculous love for her children. Mary’s Miracles: A Traveler's Guide to Catholic America takes you to more than 50 Marian shrines, chapels, and statues, right here in the United States, each with a riveting story to tell. Stories about:
- The United States’ only Church-approved Marian apparition (Champion, Wisconsin)
- A family’s safe passage to America after invoking the intercession of the Star of the Sea, and the chapel they built in thanksgiving (Cheektowaga, New York)
- The Grotto, the fulfillment of a boyhood vow to build a “great work” for the Blessed Mother (Portland, Oregon)
- An old Spanish shrine to Our Lady of La Leche, the powerhouse of answered prayers for babies (St. Augustine, Florida)
- A priest who looked like Dean Martin, sang like Bing Crosby — and commissioned a statue as big as his love for Mary (Santa Clara, California)
Written by the author of the blockbuster Monuments, Marvels, and Miracles (OSV, 2021), this book is another must-have for all Catholic travelers. Organized by region and state, Mary’s Miracles can help you easily plan your next vacation or pilgrimage and find Marian sites you haven’t yet discovered. Additional features include color photos, miracle stories, and an explanation of site-specific Marian titles and devotions. Websites, phone numbers, addresses, and other information are included to help you plan your visit.
About the Author
Marion Amberg is an award-winning journalist and book author specializing in human interest and religious topics. She is known for her "sense of the odd and curious" and for her humorous and engaging writing style. Her feet are always itching to explore unique stories, on and off the beaten path.