False Mercy: Recent Heresies Distorting Catholic TruthRegular price $19.95 Save Liquid error (product-template line 127): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
The faithful have had a growing sense that something is not quite right in the life of the Catholic Church. Confusion abounds as doctrinal rebellion spreads with impunity. The proponents of this rebellion have foisted their errors upon others by deceptively twisting certain friendly communications strategies of the recent Magisterium. The rebels have even caught unsuspecting believers in the undertow. Hence the confusion: Has the Catholic Faith changed?
In this masterful book, Christopher Malloy identifies more than a dozen heresies and errors of this new modernism. What do nearly all of them have in common? They espouse a false mercy that divorces compassion from truth. But compassion without truth is only emotional sympathy, not charity. Genuine mercy is based on truth. God pours out His grace so that we sinners may repent of wickedness, embrace Him, and live holy lives.
Malloy dismantles each of these heresies, showing how they evolved and where they appear. Best of all, he shows us how to counteract them and prepare fellow Catholics boldly to declare the Faith in its entirety — all while refusing to be seduced by those who undermine that obligation. The errors and heresies include:
- Doctrinal “evolutionism,” and why it’s the deadliest of all heresies
- The error of annihilationism and the myth of an empty Hell
- Denial of the Catholic Church as the one, true Church of Christ, necessary for salvation
- Evangelization as a “sin”: how and why this error has crept into the Church
- Contraception and homosexuality: how modernists divorce procreation from sexuality