Thinking Like Jesus: The Psychology of a Faithful DiscipleRegular price $14.95 Save Liquid error (snippets/product-template line 127): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
How do I handle difficult family members?
What do I do if I can't control my emotions?
When do I correct others, and when do I hold my tongue?
Too often we are late in realizing that we mishandled a situation, causing both resentment and frustration. But what if you could approach every situation with the mind of Christ?
Distilled from his decades of experience as a clinical psychologist and a practicing Catholic, Dr. Ray Guarendi, popular radio and TV host, offers here dozens of bite-sized reflections that combine sound spiritual advice with the best of modern psychology.
Dr. Ray will help you address countless daily problems and create a plan of action for your most common troubles. With his trademark frankness and humor, Dr. Ray tackles all the topics that too often bring confusion and heartache, including:
- What to do when you're easily offended
- Common excuses parents make for bad behavior in their children — and themselves
- The difference between speaking your mind and losing your emotions.
- The fine line between being a confident evangelist and being a jerk?
- What you should do when emotions overwhelm you?
- How to hold your children to high standards without causing resentment
- The difference between making an excuse and justifying an action
- How to tell people you're angry without being nasty about it.
- What true humility is — and isn't.
Thinking Like Jesus is more than a self-help book. It will place you firmly into the mindset of a disciple of Christ so you can focus your attention on God and, ultimately, what it will take to spend eternity with Him in heaven.
About the Author
Dr. Ray Guarendi is a Catholic father of ten adopted children, a clinical psychologist, author, professional speaker, and national radio and television host. His radio show, “The Dr. Is In” can be heard on over 440 stations and Sirius XM channel 130. His TV show, “Living Right With Dr. Ray” can be seen on EWTN Global Catholic Network and is aired in 140 countries.